Sponsored Content: Why should you hire industries 4.0 services of Colombian origin?
To provide some context, here are some figures that will help us showcase the development and growth of Colombia’s Industries 4.0.
Microbusinesses were responsible for 37% of Colombian exports in 2022 (42% more than in 2021):
Within this growth rate, we can observe the following figures:
- USD 950 million were Industries 4.0 exports (30% increase).
- Software and IT exports grew by approximately 240%.
- The number of exporting businesses in this sector grew from 540 (2009) to over 1,980.
- The main export destinations were Argentina, Costa Rica, and the U.S.
- Exports to other LATAC countries exceeded USD 210 million (73% of overall sector exports).
- Some high-impact international businesses that contributed to the sector’s exports include: Globant, Más Global, Koombea, Gap Colombia, Open International, Quipux, Heinsohn, A&A Soluciones, MAS Global, Cafeto Software, Omnicom, Dexon, and Wiedii.
The American Business Consulting Center for Competitiveness Inc. Is one of those leading sector companies that currently exports Colombian tech. Between 2019 and 2022, the company invested close to USD 2 million in developing an AI process automation software platform (SaaS) called Diggi Pymes. This platform is made up of 9 modules that include paperless invoicing, website and e-commerce design and administration, warehouse administration, accounting and finance, payroll payment, internal monitoring, and more. The company is also expected to invest a further USD 1.5 million in 2023.
Industries 4.0 services for the healthcare sector:
Colombia is currently one of the region’s most outstanding countries in terms of healthcare thanks to its high-quality medical services and technological advances in the area. One of many success stories is that of the Colombian company IMEXH, which, in line with a growing interest in telemedicine, creates radiologic software solutions for diagnostic image viewing and aims to grow in emerging markets. It’s the only Latin American healthtech business currently listed on the Australian Stock Exchange, as well as the only in this sector listed in any international stock exchange, which provides it with heightened visibility and access to financing that will boost its global expansion.
Government and state measures in Colombia that favor Industries 4.0:
- Fintech companies play a key role in the Colombian government’s new roadmap. This is why policies and financial regulators have built a favorable environment for all businesses that support the technological development of access to financial products and services. According to consulting company Finnovista’s “Fintech in Latin America 2020: growth and consolidation” report, Colombia ranks 4th in the region with 184 fintech companies.
- The Colombian Ministry of Information Technologies and Communications (MinTIC) has developed an agenda bent on boosting the digital economy and the use of new technologies. Some of its programs include the Digital Business Transformation and the Digital Economy Program, which both aim to improve businesses’ efficiency and competitiveness, as well as the promotion of new technologies across specific sectors. Furthermore, Bogotá is home to a Digital Free Trade Zone, which offers tax and customs benefits to businesses that invest in tech and export digital services of areas such as AI, cybersecurity, Industries 4.0, and the creative economy.
Colombia as a destination for audiovisual productions:
The country offers great benefits for global businesses that carry out their audiovisual projects by employing Colombian human capital and decide to shoot in any of its destinations.
The country and its regions are home to state-of-the-art equipment and highly qualified talent that can take on Hollywood’s and major streaming services’ toughest challenges. Colombia is also home to one-of-a-kind and versatile film locations that bring together large, modern cities, colonial towns frozen in time, idyllic beaches, fertile green fields, jungles and rainforests, snow-peaked mountains, sprawling deserts, and savannas, all a few hours from one another.
We welcome you to learn more about our Industries 4.0 offer of Colombian origin. If you decide to hire digital services in our country, you won’t just get a high quality, but also great investment opportunities and a government that’s more than willing to benefit those who choose to place their trust and capital in one of the region’s most stable economies.
Discover the Colombian human capital and tech offer that will boost your business.
Author name: Procolombia
Company contact details:
Address: Calle 28 No 13A – 15 Piso 35-36 Bogotá-Colombia
Telephone: +57 601 5600100 – Fax: +51 601 5600104
View more : IGBT modules | LCD displays | Electronic Components